For anyone unfamiliar with Top 10 Tuesday, it’s a weekly meme that was created by The Broke and The Bookish and is now being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. To see more posts on this very topic, please go here.
October 16: Bookstores/Libraries I’ve Always Wanted to Visit
Now, there are so many bookstores that I wanted to visit, most of them are set in the United States but there are also other cities in another part of the world that I would truly love to visit. There are so many bookstores out there and I just can’t pick top ten.
If there is any bookstore that I didn’t list and think I’d enjoy, please do let me know and I will for sure, add them to the list.
- The Poisoned Pen // Scottsdale, Arizona
- Changing Hands // Phoenix, Arizona
- The Strand // New York, NY
- Books of Wonder // New York, NY
- The Last Bookstore // Los Angeles, California
- Powell’s City of Books // Portland, Oregon
- Waterstones // London, England
- Shakespeare and Company // Paris, France
- City Lights Books // San Francisco
- Libreria Acqua Alta // Venice
- Honesty Bookshop // Hay-on-Wye, Wales
- City of Asylum at Alphabet City // Pittsburgh’s North Side
- Women & Children First // Chicago, Illinois
- Writer’s Block // Las Vegas, Nevada
- Twice Sold Tales // Seattle, Washington
- Books Are Magic // Brooklyn, New York
- Brattle Book Shop // Boston, Massachusetts
- Green Apple Books // San Francisco, California
- John K. King Used and Rare Books // Detroit, Michigan
- Parnassus Books // Nashville, Tennessee
- Books & Books // Coral Gables, Florida
- Dog Eared Books // San Francisco, California
- Politics & Prose // Washington, D.C.
- Baldwin’s Book Barn // West Chester, Pennsylvania
- Atomic Books // Baltimore, Maryland
- Housing Works Bookstore // Manhattan
- Elliott Bay Book Company // Seattle, Washington
- Tattered Cover Bookstore // Denver, Colorado
4 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday | Bookstores I’ve Always Wanted to Visit”
I used to live in San Francisco. I don’t remember ever getting to “Dog Eared Books”, but the other two San Francisco locations I remember very fondly. They are wonderful places to have visited. If you ever get the chance to visit them you will not be disappointed. They are wonderfully magical bookstores.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m planning on visiting San Francisco, I hope soon. These bookstores are on my list for sure! 🙂
I love your list! So many great places that I’m hoping to visit too. I would love to see Parnassus and Tattered Cover! They both host such awesome events
I agree! ❤