I have been wanting to join a readathon but I knew I won’t be able to read seven books in seven days. I want to wait till I feel like I could finish at least seven books in seven days and I think I can do so starting in January. Why not? New Year, New Start.
If I am not able to finish all seven books that I have picked, that is no problem; I am going keep reading them for #diverseathon that are happening January 22nd – 29th (I’ll be doing another TBR as the time get closer) because they sound fantastic!
First off, I want to say that the graphics are so beautiful. I really love these. These were created by Aentee at Read At Midnight. So beautiful. Aentee came up with an awesome readathon. It is Harry Potter themed and we get to win points for our house! You will see what house I am in at the very soon.
This will take place on January 1st to January 15th, midnight to midnight; wherever you are. Two full weeks! There will be chats on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag: #DAReadAThon.
The 1st week will be a bit hard because I am traveling for the holidays and I need to figure out books that I have already own on my kindle to be able to work out well.
This is a great way for me to start seriously read more diverse books, and to my surprise, when I do my research on my books that I already own, most of them are diverse without me realizing it! I picked these books just because I love the cover, love the authors, heard great reviews, and/or the synopsis! If you see a book in my TBR that doesn’t properly fit the prompt, please let me know!
The prompts of #DAReadAThon are inspired by the spells Harry and co. practiced and used during their meetings in the Room of Requirements. We’ll be doing magic of our own by reading and promoting diverse titles using the incantations below. There are seven prompts, since we all know that’s the magic number.
Tone Deaf by Olivia Rivers
It is very rare for me to see a deaf character, especially if they are the main character in a fiction book so I am excited to jump into this.
If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo
I thought this book is a good start because I want to learn more. I have been hearing this book is awesome and it is a #ownvoice book.
More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera
I have heard this book is so good, it made them laugh and cry and having all the feels! I cannot wait to jump into this book!
Iron Cast by Destiny Soria
I saw that on reviews that the book has strong female friendships. I just knew this book belong here. It doesn’t hurt that I have been wanting to read this for so long ever since I first heard about it.
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
Over and over again, I told myself to read this book ever since I brought it, and again and again, I kept picking other books. NO MORE! I am going to finally read this book. I am so excited. I heard a lot of good things about this book.
The Sun is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon
After loving Everything, Everything – I want to read more of her books, and ta-da! This book recently came out back in November and I have been hearing raves! This book also was up for an award!
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
Yes, I loved Six of Crows and haven’t actually sat down and read this book, so I thought it would be a perfect time for me to start reading. I have been hearing all over BookTube and Book Blogs on how much they loved Crooked Kingdom. This might will be the last book that I will read for January since it is a big book and I won’t be able to finish it in time.
Keeping scores is completely optional, but since you guys enjoyed doing it so much for my Pokemon Indigo League #ReadThemAllThon, I thought I would bring it back for this challenge. Instead of individual glory, you will be fighting together with your Hogwarts Houses!
- Each 10 pages you read will earn you 1 House Point.
- Each book you complete will earn you 5 House Points.
- Each book you review specifically for the #DAReadAThon will earn you 5 House Points.
- Crosspost your review to Amazon for 1 House Point.
- Post an image of your #DAReadAThon ID on Twitter for 1 House Point, and it allows other members of your House to find you!
- Tweeting on the #DAReadAThon hashtag (with meaningful tweets about your current reads, recommendations of #OwnVoices) will earn you 1 House Point each. You can have a maximum of 20 House Points from Social Media interactions.
- Photos of your #DAReadAThon books or TBR pile will earn you 1 House Point each. This contributes towards the maximum of 20 House Points from Social Media interactions mentioned above.
- We will catalogue the points at the end via a masterpost, and find out who the Hogwarts House Champion for Diversity is!
- For funsies, you can make yourself a House ID card like the one (up above).