For anyone unfamiliar with Top 5 Wednesday, it’s a weekly meme that was created by Lainey from gingerreadslainey and is now moderated by Sam from Thoughts On Tomes. The group communicates through Goodreads.
August 10th: Authors You Are Waiting on Another Book From.
These are your favorite authors who you want to write another book but haven’t yet. Or they are writing something, but no title or synopsis has been released and it isn’t coming out until 2018. Try to keep this to authors who haven’t announced anything concrete about a new book, not authors that have a highly anticipated release coming out before the end of 2016.
This is my first time doing a Top 5 Wednesday and I am hoping that I did it justice. It isn’t that easy to pick 5 authors since I was in a major reading slump for almost two years so I am slowly but surely coming back to books and relearning what is out there. I have not read most of these authors’ books but I am planning on and doing reviews on these books. These books I will mention, I have heard nothing but wonderful things about them.
- Jay Kristoff – There are two books, I believe, is coming out in 2018. LIFEL1K3 and Andromeda Cycle series, which he will co-author with Amie Kaufman (they worked on The Illuminae Files together. They are set to release Gemina this October, the 2nd book in that trilogy). I am not sure if the books will definitely going to be released in 2018 and I am not sure what these books will be all about. I am sure once the time gets closer, I will find out.
- Benjamin Alire Sáenz – I haven’t read his book, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe but he made an announcement that he is writing a sequel to that book, There Will Be Other Summers. I do not know when the date will be, but I’m excited about it. I have heard nothing but great things about the book.
- Victoria Schwab – I haven’t read her books as well. I do have two books of hers, though, A Darker Shade of Magic and This Savage Song. She has written and released The Archived series, but the publisher that she worked with has told her that they will not be releasing the third book in that series. She then has said she has already plotted and outlined the third book, The Returned, but unsure on the release date and on what format it will be released on.
- Maggie Stiefvater – I want to buy The Raven Cycle because I have heard it is different, heartfelt and beautiful books. That made me curious about her other books, and saw that there are two books that she is working on that has no title, no synopsis, or even a date. But based on what I have heard, I am excited to see what she has to offer for her future books. These books have only code names and they are #darknovel and #girlnovel. Curious on what the titles will eventually be.
- Renee Ahdieh – I saw that this book that was listed using her name but there is no title, no synopsis but said expected publication: 2017. So I have heard nothing about this book. We will find out when the time gets closer. EDIT: When I first wrote this book, Renee has since announced that she’s going to release a new duology and the first one is going to be called Flame in the Mist.